There are many ways to become involved with Headway Darlington & District
Become a member
Being a Member of Headway Darlington & District enables us to provide a wide range of activities. If you are not ready to become a member we happy for anyone who has been affected by brain injury to come along.
Being a Member of Headway Darlington & District gives you an input into the strategic direction of the Charity through your vote at general meetings. The generous support of our members enables us to provide a wide range of activities, develop a centre and deliver local services and resources.
Categories of Headway Darlington &District Membership:
- Individual– For those who have had a brain injury, their family members or carers, or anyone who is keen to support the work of Headway Darlington & District. The annual membership fee for this category is £10.00 and an individual member is entitled to one vote
- Family Membership– For a family group at the same address. The annual membership fee is £15.00 and the family is entitled to two votes.
- Corporate Membership– For corporate supporters of Headway Darlington & District’s work, including professionals working with people who have had a brain injury. Up to five branches of the same organisation may join, and the annual fee per branch is £100.00. Each member branch is entitled to one vote.
Headway members receive:
- An Annual membership card;
- A brain injury survivor card (if applicable);
- Regular issues of Headway Darlington & District News – to be produced each quarter.
- Up to date information on the work of Headway;
- Up to date information about services for the brain injured, developments in rehabilitation, national and international events and fundraising activities;
- Information on brain injury, specific to individual needs, on request;
- Details of our forthcoming events and a10% discount on ticket price (i.e. for Quiz nights, Dinner Dances etc);
- Corporate members also receive advance notification of corporate sponsorship opportunities.’
Please click to download our membership form
Not ready to become a member?
We are happy for anyone who has been affected by brain injury to come along to the group sessions and also participate in social activities and future planned service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01325 376444
We welcome interest from caring, understanding people who would like to help survivors of brain injury to regain their confidence and skills at our sessions and planned Centre.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to:
1) Run leisure workshops based on their own skills and knowledge. Sessions could include drawing/painting, woodwork, pottery, craft, music, dance, relaxation. We would love for volunteers to be creative in bringing their own interests to these sessions!
2) Marketing and Event Management helping plan and manage our schedule of events in 2016
3) Accounting skills
Please download our volunteer application form in downloads
If you can’t commit to a fixed number of hours each week, why not help us to raise essential funds by supporting our fundraising activities? Whether you deliver posters and leaflets, run a stall at garden parties and fetes, or organise a sponsored event of your own, you can help us reach our goal of developing and expanding the support we give to service users, their families and their carers.
We need to raise money each year to maintain our services, expand existing provision and pilot new initiatives. Headway Darlington & District could not operate without the generous support of our fundraisers, donors and volunteers, to whom we are so grateful. Every pledge of support, item donated and penny raised is invaluable to us and the people that we support.
There are plenty of ways that you can get involved –
- Organise a Fundraising Event
- Take part in an organised event
- Hold social events
- Corporations or businesses can help us and sponsor an event
- Sell your items for us on ebay
- Recycle or donate your old and unwanted mobile phones and used inkjet cartridges to us and we will recycle them for cash, it helps us and it helps the environment!
We can offer you support for your event and provide sponsorship forms, posters, flyers, collecting tins and anything else you may need to make your event a huge success!
We are in the process of setting up new and easier ways for you to donate to us.