At Headway Darlington we appreciate every second of time volunteers give to us and the skills they bring are enormously valuable. Without their help and support we would not be able to help as many service users and their families. If you would like to be a part of our team of volunteers please get in touch!
Our volunteers take part in a wide variety of challenging and rewarding roles based on their interests, skills and experiences.
At Headway Darlington you can volunteer as an individual or with your organisation through our Corporate partnerships.
Volunteer areas include:
- Event Management
- Admin support
- Fundraising and Coordinating fundraisers
- Hub services support and delivery
- Peer mentoring
- Social and support groups
- E-Bay Support
There are a wide range of reasons to volunteer for Headway Darlington; you could be looking to gain experience working in a charity or with our clients, or you may want to take part in some of our practical activities such as art or gardening, or you may just want to make a difference.
Whatever your reason for wanting to get involved there are many benefits to volunteering:
- You’ll be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- You’ll be making a real difference to the lives of people with a brain injury
- You’ll get to learn new skills, as well as gain new experiences and confidence
- You’ll find out about brain injury
- You’ll meet new people and have fun
We are very lucky to have a wonderful team of dedicated volunteers who help us run our services and support people in the county with a brain injury. We hope that you can come and join them.
In return for your time we offer an induction and training programme, on-going support and development, as well as reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
Get in touch as we can send you a volunteer application form and information pack.